Sunday, July 09, 2006

Question Of The Week, 7/9/06

Good morning. I had a question all picked out, all I had to do was type and post it. Then I checked my e-mail and found out (interesting), "In 27 cities across the United States, seriously injured accident victims could end up in a medical experiment, without their knowledge or consent." Well so much for the question I'd planned on asking. I'll admit I don't know much about Polyheme. Maybe your answers will tell me a little more about product itself. This weeks Question Of The Week is three questions. Have you or anyone you know ever been given Polyheme? If you answered yes were any problems that may have been caused by the product noticed? Should emergency room doctors and staff be allowed to use products like Polyheme without getting permission from the patient or their family members?

I'll post my answer in the Comment Section Monday night.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have never been given Polyheme.And I would be pissed if I was without mine or a family members consent. I think people should be aware of the possible dangers of such a product and be made aware of the fact that it is experimental.I go to San Diego quite abit and I am glad I never had to use either of the facilities that were part of the program. They have since dropped out of the program from reading the article you linked.

I did give my permission once for my son to be given an experimental drug for his asthma. He was literally dying. They couldn't stop his asthma attack. They told me the risks, and then when I said ok, they had to call the FDA for approval to use it on him, I signed a ton of forms but I am glad I did. It was the only thing that pulled my son back from the edge.

ps..thanks for your kind words about te loss of my dog, I really appreciated them :)

12:44 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Yikes! Polyheme is being administered in my area!

Nobody in my family has a serious enough accident to warrant the administration of Polyheme.

Such experimental products should not be administered without consent of the patient or consent of the medical proxy. Too many risks, IMO.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Praguetwin said...

No.

Do they have that in Europe?

9:18 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

I want to thank everyone for stopping by to answer this weeks question. I've been to several sites to see what I could find out about PolyHeme since I posted it. I really didn't get a lot of information, just the same stuff thats in the article I posted the link to when I ask the question. I did find out that Saint Joseph, Missouri is not one of the 27 cities. K.U. Medical Center down in Kansas City is involved in the experiment. A lot of people that live in Saint Joseph would rather go to a Kansas City hospital than go to the ONE(!)we have here. As far as I know, no one I know has been given PolyHeme. So I have no answer for part two to the question. NO! They should not be allowed to give you PolyHeme without getting permission from you or a family member. They are not letting use know enough about what goes into the product. I did find out that if your in the Kansas City area you can get a bracelet from K.U. Med. Center that will tell them you do not want to recieve PolyHeme if your brought into the Med. Center. If you live in one of the other 27 cities and don't want to be a part of this test you might want to check with your local hospital and see what you have to do to stop them from giving it to you. I don't know if PolyHeme is being tested outside the United States or not.

9:52 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Dosn't happen to often. I forgot.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home