Thursday, July 06, 2006

Brought Back An Old Memory

Have you ever been reading something and have it trigger an old memory? That's what happened here. For several years (in the 70's) I worked on and traveled with a carnival. The one I worked for owned a small airplane it used for business trips. When I was on one of these trips with the show owners Son-In-Law we landed at a small airport to fuel the plane and feed ourselves. I don't remember where it was for sure, somewhere between Lennox, South Dakota and Southern California. I do remember a really cool sign (To me it was anyway) hanging on the wall behind the counter in the airport restaurant, "Pilots Creed, In God We Trust, everything else we check." I've always thought that was a real good piece of advice, and you don't have to be a pilot to use it.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Praguetwin said...

Nice one.

Yes, reading triggers old memories for me constantly. A can barely read a recipe without taking a trip down memory lane.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Hope the residents of http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com have some kind of memory like yours.

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home