Thursday, October 27, 2005

Miers Name Withdrawn

One of the first things I saw in the news this morning told about Harriet Miers withdrawing her name. I'm sure that some were happy to get this news and it was upsetting to others. My first thought was if not Harriet Miers who will it be? I found a list of possible Supreme Court Nominees at Newsday.com. One name on that page jumped right out at me, Alberto Gonzales. That name should frighten you no matter what side of the political spectrum your on. He has made comments that make me feel he sees nothing wrong with using torture while interrogating a suspect. When the Assault Weapons Ban was about to expire he made it very clear that he put his brothers (a law enforcement officer) safety above the rights of United States citizens. If Gonzales does get the nomination I hope that will be what it takes to unite the left and the right. A seat on the Supreme Court is for life, but your elected officials count on your vote every time their term ends. If Gonzales is nominated please let your United States Senators know that if they vote to confirm him they will get the boot.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alberto is very scarry. Yes he acts so nice and polite but from what I have seen he doesn't support guns, supports torture, and likes the patriot act.

Everyone that votes for him if he is nominated should be thrown out.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Unrelated comment here...No question of the week? If you post one, please let me know.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Ahaa, its nice conversation about this topic here at this site, I read all that, so now me also commenting here.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home