Wednesday, October 26, 2005

McCain Touts Border Reform

I just read an article in the St. Joseph News-Press about a bill by Senators McCain and Kennedy. The Senators claim their bill will help solve our illegal alien problem. I wrote a letter to the editor saying that this bill is no more than a band-aid. This bill could almost be called a reward for breaking United States laws. In my letter I urged people to contact their Senators and ask them to oppose this bill, it doesn't do anything to fix the problem. I ask the News-Press readers to urge their Senators to work with United States Representative Sam Graves on fixing the wide open border/illegal alien problem. Rep. Graves has suggested putting a moratorium on immigration until we have a good workable policy in place. In my last post I posted a link to a site that will give you ideas for things you can do to help. More people need to get involved in getting our elected officials to take action.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should not encourage illegal immigration. I also don't think we should make it harder for legal immigrants to come to the United States.

One idea would be to cut off welfare to immigrants (and slowly to everyone).

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And place the national guard at the border.

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home