Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Enemy Of All Free Men

A comment ("Sadly, too many Americans today take our rights for granted. As a result, we see more and more erosion of those rights.") Always On Watch left on my December 1, 2008 post "Celebrate Bill Of Rights Day, December 15, 2008" reminds me of a poem that was written by my old friend Jerry Hughes several years ago. I think you'll see why.

Apathy - The Enemy of All Free Men


I am your enemy, your nightmare and your destruction.

I am more powerful than the combined militaries of the world.

I have destroyed more men than all the wars of all nations combined.

I massacre millions of people each and every generation.

I have wrecked more homes than all other causes known to you.

I cause the downfall of the greatest civilizations in history.

I spare no one.

My victims are rich and poor, young and old, strong and weak.

I do not respect color nor creed.

Children shall know me to their eternal sorrow.

I cast my shadow over every thought of man.

I hide in unseen places and I go about my work silently.

You have been warned of my presence, but you do not listen.

I never sleep and I am everywhere you are.

You can not hide.

Illness, revulsion, disease and death follow me and are my friends.

I will give you nothing.

I will take everything you have and then seek more.

I will cause you to turn away from all you once believed in.

I will blind your eyes to the sins of your elected leaders.

I go where my master orders.

The Prince of Darkness alone sends me into your life.

Once allowed inside, seldom am I asked to leave.

America, won't you please allow me to enter and give me rest.

I will remove all your worries and concerns.

I will take away any concern for individual responsibility.

I will bring you bliss.

I am your friend.

I am Apathy .


Please don't allow our rights to become another victim of apathy. This December 15 share your thoughts on the first ten Amendments to the United States Constitution with everyone you come in contact with. Lets make December 15, 2008 a Bill Of Rights Day to remember for years to come.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

Thanks go to:
Always On Watch
Jerry Hughes

4 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

Aristotle said "Apathy and Tolerance are the last virtues of a dying society"..THAT is scary!!

Thanks for coming by David, I always appreciate your comments.

How's the job hunting going? I always forget to ask but it's on my mind. Blessings,xxx

9:48 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Z,
I think "The Enemy Of All Free Men" defines Apathy pretty well. If you ever get a chance to listen to Jerry's broadcast I think you'll find it worth your time.

I'm still unemployed. Yesterday I filled out an application for the first job I ever had, in 1967. Thanks for the thoughts.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

David,
Very apropo for our time, huh?

And thanks for the link!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

This topic!!! It is one of the finest topic I have ever read, and I can't stop telling people about it. Thank you. Please see http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home