Wednesday, February 01, 2006

In Memory Of GYSGT Galen F. Humphrey

There is a stainless steel bracelet on my right wrist. It reads "GYSGT Galen F. Humphrey USMC 02-01-66 NVN/OW" There it will stay until someone can show me some more definite proof about what happened to GYSGT Humphrey on February 1, 1966 than what I have seen so far. If you'll read that link you will see he wasn't supposed to be on the aircraft that day. I think that says a lot about what kind of man Galen is, I won't say was (when speaking about any of our POW/MIA's) without positive proof. I've had the honor of meeting his wife and children, all wonderful people. I've been around Susan more than the others I've watched and supported her as she has climbed the political ladder. I think her Father would have been proud. When I decided I would wear a bracelet I ask for one with the name of a local soldier. I was told that GYSGT Galen F. Humphrey was the only Saint Joseph, Missouri soldier that was unaccounted for when we left Vietnam. I look forward to the day I can welcome him home. I pray we'll be able to shake hands when that day comes. In closing I'd like to ask all of you to join me in a moment of silent prayer for GYSGT Humphry and all the other POW'MIA's we have left behind after all wars. We should also ask that their friends, families and loved ones get the answers they have been waiting for so long.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will join you in prayer for the missing soldiers.

I believe many of them are still alive and we must find them.

3:10 PM  
Blogger The GTL™ said...

In solidarity right here, brothers. Answers are definitely deserved, and may your comerade come home safely and quickly!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

We pray GYSGT Galen F. Humphrey and other 1,621 US soldiers in Vietnam soil.

Regards,

http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home