Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Job Safety

When he comments on criminals coming in from outside Washington, D.C. to commit crimes Washington, D.C. Police Chief Charles H. Ramsey offers many explanations. I think he is forgetting or ignoring something. D.C. residents have been disarmed, remember that gun ban to stop crime? Criminals are not stupid, they just choose not to work for a living. Just like people that work in factories, on farms or construction sites they give some thought to job safety. Trying to think like a criminal, I get the feeling that if I lived in an area that allowed concealed carry I might have second thoughts about mugging the guy that live three blocks down the street. I could get shot, but if D.C. is just a few miles away I could drive over there. I could mug a couple of folks maybe hit a liquor store or 7-11 and be home in time for the 11 O'clock news. Sure the drive is an inconvenience, the job safety more than makes up for it.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Lack of good family life also can make people turn towards violence as they have not experienced love or emotional security.

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home