Thursday, April 14, 2005

Tax Day Eve

I remember reading an article a few years ago that told the number one answer to the question, " What are the most frightening spoken words you could possibly hear?" I'm sure a lot of you know the answer, "I'm with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and I'm here to help you." If I was making a list of things I'd like to see done away with the Income Tax and the IRS would be somewhere on the top of the list.

Tonight (Tax Day Eve., 4/14/05) I received an action alert asking me to sign a petition urging our elected officials to replace the income tax and IRS with a consumption tax. An idea that I have supported for quite some time. You would be taxed on what you spend, not what you earn. If there is such a thing as a fair tax I feel this would be it. If you would like to read the alert about the consumption tax go to, http://www.grassfire.org/99/Alert-050413.htm . After reading that if you are interested in signing the petition you can do that at, http://www.grassfire.org/59/petition.asp?PID=8268645&NID=1

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Hello... Just asking... Are home business have an IRS too?

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home