Sunday, April 10, 2005

Stern: Jane Fonda a 'Hero' of Vietnam

I didn't say Fonda was a hero, I just wanted to let you know what a hero is to Howard Stern. I subscribe to the Insider Report from NewsMax.com (www.newsmax.com) I'd like to share something from the April 9, 2005 news letter with you. My comments will be in italics.

Stern: Jane Fonda a 'Hero' of Vietnam

He freely admits he may be one of the few people who thinks so, but Howard Stern says Jane Fonda is a "hero" for going to Vietnam in 1972. I've heard Jane get called lots of things because of her trip to Vietnam, this is the first time I've heard her called a hero, so I'd say Stern must be the only person that feels this way.

Fonda made her highly controversial trip at a time when U.S. servicemen were still fighting and dying at the hands of North Vietnamese regulars and Viet Cong guerrillas. One former POW, David Hoffman who was shot down over North Vietnam in 1971 says he was tortured by prison guards because he didn't want to talk with Fonda when she visited the prison.

Her trip was seen by millions as an act of blatant treason, though she was never charged with the crime and continued on her path to a successful career in Hollywood. There is no statute of Limitations for treason so she could still be charged. I heard she has offered an apology, but that is only because she is trying to sell her new book.

And though he gets "really pissed-off letters from vets and stuff" when he says such things, Stern says Fonda's trip should be praised because "anyone- especially anyone of prominence- who helped bring down that war, especially when I was a year or two away from going over myself, I gotta say: Thank You." For some strange reason I just don't think it's right to thank a person for doing something that caused another human to be tortured.

He did say Fonda's posing behind an enemy weapon was a bad thing, but he said it was clear the North Vietnamese soldiers in the picture with her were just reacting to being napalmed by French and U.S. troops. I wonder if Stern has ever thought of the fact that those veterans that are sending him the really pissed off letters might be reacting to what they went through while serving their country? They are the true hero's.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Blogger tpjewelry said...

Kauf und Verkauf von Gold in den thomas sabo Goldmarkt hat viel an Popularität gewonnen

1:57 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

I don't understand why she become a hero

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home