Monday, March 07, 2005

China's Constitution

I was reading some foreign news papers tonight when I ran across something I'd never read or thought of before, China's Constitution. You can find it at, http://english1.peopledaily.com.cn/constitution/constitution.html . I found something I thought was interesting, or I should say surprising in their constitution, " Chapter Two The Fundamental Rights And Duties Of Citizens Article 36. Citizens of the People's Republic of China enjoy freedom of religious belief." I was surprised by this because I subscribe to The Voice of the Martyrs (VOM) magazine and on-line news letters. VOM articles cover Christian persecution world wide. In just about every issue of the magazine there is an article about Christian persecution in the People's Republic of China. You can get a free subscription to VOM Magazine and sign up for their e-news letters at, www.persecution.com .

I don't really know why that surprised me, here in the United States the First Amendment to our constitution says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion. or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." That took effect in1791 but today children are not allowed to hold prayer meetings on school property.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home