Friday, February 18, 2005

Graves pushes pay for Reservists

I see my United States Representative, Sam Graves (R. MO) is co-sponsoring legislation that will pay Reserve and National Guard troops at least as much as they were receiving back home when they are called up for active duty. ( http://www.stjoenews-press.com/main.asp?SectionID=81&SubSectionID=272&ArticleID=61881&TM=37273.42 ) I'm glad to see someone do something for the young men and women that choose to serve their country. I agree with Representative Graves who says, "No one should have to take a pay cut for serving their country." These young men and women put their lives on the line daily, I feel they deserve something in return. I hope you will support Representative Graves efforts to get this passed. You can do so by contacting your Representatives and urging them to support this legislation when it comes up for a vote. The St. Joseph News-Press article doesn't mention a bill number, so I would suggest you contact Representative Graves by using the link at his web site, http://www.house.gov/graves/index.htm to get more information on this issue.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

And this soldiers can return to school. I think it called Military Friendly School

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home