Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I Don't Feel This Is The Time

We have all read, watched and listened to news reports about the tragedy that took place in Blacksburg, Virginia Monday. Thirty three lives lost and fifteen wounded was the last count I saw. I'm sure we all have our own opinion on how and why it happened. Who was at fault and how can we stop it from happening again? I don't feel this is the time for any of that. The nation is still in shock, friends and family members of the victims have not had time to mourn. Chances are the wounded are still in the hospital. Lets not use what happened to them to promote an agenda right now.

Instead lets each say a prayer for the victims, their friends and families. I've never been to Blacksburg, Virginia. My Wife has, she tells me it's a nice quiet community, (Or it was when she was there.) not the kind of place you'd expect something like this to happen. The residents of Blacksburg must be in a state of shock, lets remember them in our prayers. As far as we know the family of Cho Seung-Hui did nothing wrong, lets pray they get through this too.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

5 Comments:

Blogger Praguetwin said...

You are probably right, but one of my readers asked me to post my thoughts as I had posted a gun advocacy piece a couple weeks back.

So I did. It was probably a little soon, but hell, the White House didn't even wait 24 hours.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

David, you're a nicer person than I am.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Praguetwin said...

David,

I do hope after a sufficient period of time you will share your views with us.

1:24 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Praguetwin,

"David,

I do hope after a sufficient period of time you will share your views with us." That will be coming soon.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Please check out http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com for additional information concerning Senior Living.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home