Monday, December 04, 2006

Honesty

I'd like to share something that was e-mailed to me by a good friend, Christian and patriot.

"Honesty

Many times I have felt like Diogenes, out with my lantern searching for the honest man in the political realm, a perpetual search that goes unfulfilled.



But we must not despair. In our quest to restore the Republic of the Constitution, we must continually shine the light of truth, exposing the lies of those who would deceive us into tyranny.



We must demand the highest standard of honesty among ourselves and our public servants from the local alderman to the president of the United States. We must expose their failure to live by their oath of office and demand their removal when they violate the trust of their office.



It is the lack of outrage and failure to hold them accountable that has allowed such dishonesty to proliferate."

It reminds me of something that was pointed out to me in the Bible several years ago.

Eph.5 Verses 9 to 13

[9] (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
[10] Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
[11] And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
[12] For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
[13] But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Maybe it is just me, but I feel that is also saying when we see corruption/dishonesty in our elected officials we are to bring it to light and have them removed from office.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Blogger American Crusader said...

I wonder how many would be left?

11:02 AM  
Blogger Praguetwin said...

Good question A.C. Still, I have to say that cleaning up corruption should be one of the most important BI-PARTISAN objectives of the 110th Congress.

We shall see.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home