Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Good Folks Of Nebraska Need Your Help

Nebraska might soon be joining the majority of the fifty states that issue concealed carry permits. I have reason to believe an old friend lives in Lincoln, Nebraska. I would hate to think that she would ever get into a situation where she would have to use a hand gun to defend herself. If something like that did happen I would feel better knowing that she lived in a state that would allow her to carry a concealed hand gun. The NRA has come out in support of LB454 and is asking other supporters to contact the Lincoln Journal Star and Sound Off about concealed carry. I'm hopping you will do that too. You'll be making it possible for an old friend of my to defend herself if she has to and you'll be making me feel better knowing that she can.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Do you know if your old friend even knows HOW to shoot a gun safely?

11:36 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

After looking at your profile, I have a question. Do you know what a quad is, in reference to your fav. books?

11:41 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Stephanie, Yes to the first question. Would it be money/coin?

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, I lived in St.Joseph during the sixties and can't remember anyone re Kathi. Did she attend Central High School (back when it was administered by Fearless Frank Baker)? Good luck in your search.

4:41 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Traven,
Yes she went to Central for a while, then her Mother took her to Calif. When she came back she went to La Blonde. I spent a good deal of time in Frank's office in the 60's, most of the time it was for skipping class.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

As per the first question...that's good. I've never held to promoting conceal and carry for people who don't know how to use a gun properly. In advocating the conceal and carry law that people are pushing in Wisconsin, they say things like "You could carry a gun to use if you got mugged..." But since I've never touched a gun, let alone learned how to shoot, let alone have any ability to aim (even shooting a rubber band is a dangerous occupation for me)... That particular argument falls apart. (Not that I'm against conceal and carry, it's just not for me.)

As per the quad, it's a collection of books...Bible, BoM, DC & PoGP all bound together.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home