Thursday, September 15, 2005

A Special Day

Tomorrow September, 16, 2005 will be a special day. Chances are there won't be a lot of articles in the main stream news about National POW/MIA Recognition Day. Our elected officials don't want to talk about the soldiers that we have left behind after every war we have ever been involved in.The main stream media has swept the issue under the rug, they don't want to upset their friends in government. There are some organizations that have put a lot of time into finding out what became of our lost sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, husbands and wives. They are there to support the families of the missing. They have meetings with and write letters to our elected officials and ask them the questions they'd rather not answer.I hope you will take a little time this September 16th to visit the National Alliance Of Families, the P.O.W. NETWORK, and Task Force Omega to learn more about their efforts. Chances are you have never heard of Galen Francis Humphrey. I've worn a bracelet with his name on it for several years now. A few years ago I had decided to support a lady for a seat on our city council. When she came out to put a campaign sign in my yard we were talking and she started to cry. She pointed to my bracelet and said, "that's my Father". That made my bracelet mean a little more. I will be wearing it until the United States Government convinces me that they have brought him home. If you have a POW/MIA Flag please fly it proudly, tomorrow and every day.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

The number of missing and unaccounted for is alarming.

Have you heard anything recent about the man who was thought to have been taken prisoner after the first gulf war and then later President Bush used as a reason for a second invasion of Iraq? I don't know his name, but I do remember the pentagon reclassified his status as MIA shortly after 9/11.

1:51 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

mi is talking about Capt. Scott Speicher. For the latest Speich info I know of click on the National Alliance Of Families. Then click on Our News Letter on the left hand side of the screen. I feel Speicher is still alive and a political pawn. The powers in Iraq will let little bits of Speicher info out,tell us that they are trying to find him but more United States tax dollars are needed to continue the investigation.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

5:37 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

This post was re-posted at the Federal Observer, a site I read regularly. Check it out at www.federalobserver.com

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home