Friday, December 09, 2005

A Visitor From The Past

I don't read a lot of poetry, I just don't care for most poems. Every once in a while I will hear one that I really like. Today I thought of one that I heard several years ago. Maybe I thought of it because Bill Of Rights Day is only six days away. It's a time to think about your rights and the people that secured them for you. What would you say if Thelen Paulk's A Visitor From The Past came to you as you slept?

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

I like poetry, and this poem seems familiar to me. I wonder where I've seen it before.

You've given government control, to those who do you harm,
so they can padlock churches, and steal the family farm.


The Kelo ruling!

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It made me think about how we truly are slaves and how America is no longer a Republic.

Schools teach the Democracy and redistribution of wealth. I have a right to your money and a right to free health care.

It also reminds me of this story.

http://swmolibertarianparty.
blogspot.com/2005/12/little-red-hen
-updated-humor-interlude.html

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daid, where you been?

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home